By Dexter Hoyos
- Offers a large survey of the Punic Wars from quite a few perspectives
- Features contributions from a good solid of overseas students with unrivalled expertise
- Includes chapters on army and naval strategies, techniques, logistics, and Hannibal as a charismatic common and leader
- Gives balanced insurance of either Carthage and Rome
Read Online or Download A Companion to the Punic Wars (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Best ancient history books
In antiquity, the Mediterranean quarter used to be associated through sea and land routes that facilitated the unfold of non secular ideals and practices one of the civilizations of the traditional global. The Cambridge spouse to historical Mediterranean Religions offers an advent to the main religions of this zone and explores present study in regards to the similarities and alterations between them.
The Hellenistic interval started with the substantial growth of the Greek global in the course of the Macedonian conquest of the Persian empire and ended with Rome turning into the main political strength in that global. This new and enlarged variation of Michel Austin's seminal paintings presents a breathtaking view of this international throughout the medium of old assets.
This quantity advances our figuring out of the faith, society and tradition of Dura-Europos, the small city at the Euphrates identified because the Nineteen Thirties because the 'Pompeii of the Syrian desert'. numerous positive factors make the positioning probably our greatest resource for daily existence in a small city positioned at the outer edge of the Roman international: inscriptions and graffiti in ten old languages; sculptures and frescoes combining components of Classical and Oriental artwork; crucial papyrological file of any army unit within the Roman global; files in terms of the neighborhood economic climate; over a dozen pagan sanctuaries; plus a famously painted synagogue and the earliest Christian residence church, ready in a gridiron urban plan and surrounded by means of well-preserved fortifications.
This publication finds the traditional Egyptian roots of Christianity, either traditionally and spiritually. This improved model of the e-book involves 3 components to coincide with the phrases of trinity. the 1st half demonstrates that the key biblical ancestors of the biblical Jesus are all historical Egyptian renowned characters.
- Ostrakismos - Das Scherbengericht im klassischen Athen (German Edition)
- The Age of Justinian: The Circumstances of Imperial Power (Roman Imperial Biographies)
- Greece, the Hidden Centuries: Turkish Rule from the Fall of Constantinople to Greek
- Gods in Dwellings: Temples and Divine Presence in the Ancient Near East (Writings from the Ancient World Supplements Book 3)
- Musa. Von der römischen Sklavin zur Königin der Parther (German Edition)
- The Popes and the Church of Rome in Late Antiquity (Routledge Studies in Ancient History)
Additional info for A Companion to the Punic Wars (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to the Punic Wars (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Dexter Hoyos